Amaircare offers a wide variety of replacement filters for all of our Amaircare residential and commercial products. These filters include Standard Annual kits, Plus Annual kits and HEPA filter kits as well as other replacements. You can always expect high-quality replacement filters and parts that work to clean the air you breathe.
What is HEPA?
HEPA stands for High Efficency Particulate Arrestance, which is a filtration standard created by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.
To qualify as a HEPA filter, a media must be 99.97% efficient at removing particles 0.3 microns in size.
Due to the extremely high efficiency, HEPA filters have become widely used in medical, electronic and industrial
applications. HEPA filters are composed of various sized borosilicate fibers, which are pressed together to form a
net-like structure with openings large enough for air to pass through, but too small for most particulates.
How PerfectSeal Ensures Unrivaled Air Quality
Traditional air filtration systems are equipped with a filter system where the filter simply butts up against the top, bottom or side of a lid.
This method of securing the filter to the unit creates many different risks that can compromise the quality of filtration being provided by the unit, including:
- The o-ring can easily be installed improperly leading to air leakage.
- The seal can be broken if the o-ring is improperly stalled, is damaged or was not fastened 100% perfectly to the rest of the unit.
- Leaks in the seal mean that air that flows through these sections will bypass the filter and be entered back into the open environment having not been filtered at all.
The PerfectSeal technology is a threaded system that works similar to the way a jar lid works. Because it tightens in so uniformly, it has the following benefits over most traditional filters:
- Extremely easy to ensure perfect filter replacement meaning that we can almost guarantee the results of the product.
- Overall the replacement process is simpler, easier and much less prone to error.
- The mechanism ensures that the unit is working up to HEPA standards at all times.
- The actual filter replacement process is extremely quick and easy – it can be done in around 10 seconds whereas most traditional setups can be 7+ minutes.
HEPA focused manufacturing.
Amaircare manufacturers only mechanical HEPA filters. The technology is simple and proven. Many other methods of cleaning provide poor performance and quickly become obsolete.
When to Change Your Filter?
With our portable 2500 and 3000 units knowing when to change your filters is easy as they come equipped with filer change indicators. With models that do not come with this feature it is best to follow the guidelines written out in our manuals. Pre filters changed out every 4 months, HEPA changed out every 3 to 5 years and inner carbon blanket changed out every 6 months and the upgrade VOC canister changed out once every year. Note that the filter change indicators are timers and do not monitor the life of your filters. Also the life of your filters can be greatly reduced by the indoor environment that they are used in. If you are a smoker or using the units for industrial purposes then it recommended that you monitor the filters visually to determine your own filter change schedule.
Plan ahead and contact your dealer to purchase a filter change kit before you need it.